“Is CBD legal?” is one of the most common questions related to CBD. With all of the myth and misinformation that is publicized it is rightly so that consumers are concerned about CBD products. Naturally Inspired® intends to dispel these claims so that our customers are the most informed in the CBD market.
The team at Naturally Inspired® spends an extensive amount of time gathering, interpreting, and vetting information so that you, our customer, can decide which CBD health regimen is right for you without the fear of misleading claims and information.
CBD products are legal under both federal and state law.
The 2018 Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, commonly referred to as the 2018 Farm Bill, was passed by the U.S. House and Senate and signed into law by President Trump on December, 20th 2018. Taking effect January, 1st 2019, the 2018 Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 legalized the production, sale, and use of CBD products. At the state level, Wisconsin affirmed the legality of CBD products under the 2017 Wisconsin Act 100.
The important takeaways are:
- The Cannabis sativa plant used for the production of industrial hemp is separate and distinct from forms of Cannabis used to produce marijuana.
- Section 7606 of the federal farm bill of 2014, 7 USC 5940, allows states to establish agricultural pilot programs to study growth, cultivation, or marketing of industrial hemp. The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection Industrial Hemp Pilot Program became effective March 2, 2018.
- Industrial hemp is used in products such as building materials, textiles, cordage, fiber, food, floor coverings, fuel, paint, animal feed, paper, particle board, plastics, seed meal, cosmetics, seed, oil, and yarn.
- Cannabidiol and hemp seed oil have the ability to provide relief for maladies, without psychotropic effect.
- The growth, cultivation, and processing of industrial hemp will provide an alternate crop to vitalize the agricultural sector in the state of Wisconsin and will provide production and processing jobs.
You must be logged in to post a comment.